- Food ingredient processing plant increases efficiency while reducing carbon emissions by more than 30%
- On-site electricity generation pays into distributed approach
th Siemens gas turbine delivered from production facility in Finspång, Sweden
Siemens Energy has successfully delivered two SGT-700 gas turbines for a food ingredient processing plant owned by Tate & Lyle, located in Lafayette, Indiana, USA. The two turbines will be the backbone of a new combined heat and power (CHP) operation replacing its coal-fired boilers. By generating electricity on-site and recovering heat that would typically be wasted, the new CHP operation will increase energy efficiency and substantially reduce energy costs and carbon emissions. The delivery of the SGT-700 turbines marks the 1000th delivered gas turbine from Siemens Energy’s Finspång factory.
- New 900-megawatt (MW) combined cycle power plant to provide over eight percent of Alberta’s energy supply
- Siemens Energy to provide its state-of-the-art natural gas turbine technology and service
- Project designed to significantly reduce the province’s carbon footprint from energy
Futhering its commitment to decarbonizing the energy sector worldwide, Siemens Energy has been selected to provide its highly efficient gas turbine technology and long-term services to the planned 900 MW Cascade Power Plant in Alberta, Canada. The project supports the decarbonization of Alberta's power supply by switching from coal to natural gas. Once operational, the power plant is expected to reduce Alberta’s carbon emissions from energy production by up to five percent.
- Siemens will provide main equipment for an electrical service platform for wind power project
- Mayflower Wind developing a lease area with capacity of up to 1.6 gigawatts of renewable energy
- Electricity for up to 680,000 U.S. households
Siemens has been awarded an order from Danish customer Semco Maritime to provide the main electrical equipment for the electrical service platform (ESP) of the offshore wind project Mayflower Wind LLC (Mayflower Wind). The project is located in a federal lease area approximately 25 miles south of Nantucket, Massachusetts in the United States, and will have a capacity to generate up to 1.6 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy. Siemens will supply the components for Semco Maritime by 2022.
- Siemens Gas and Power to supply three 33-MW industrial gas turbines to Ascend’s Decatur, Alabama facility
- The project will enable the chemical materials manufacturer to increase operating efficiency and reduce its environmental footprint
Siemens Gas and Power was recently selected to provide three 33-megawatt (MW) SGT-700 industrial gas turbines, including a Long-Term Program (LTP), with Ascend Performance Materials’ nylon intermediate and specialty chemicals facility in Decatur, Alabama. This project will allow Ascend Performance Materials to retire assets that currently provide process steam for the facility. The shift to gas turbines for steam generation is part of Ascend’s long-term sustainability strategy to improve its environmental footprint and accelerate the growth of expanding its core businesses.
- Two SGT-400 gas turbine compression packages sold for U.S. pipeline service
Siemens Gas and Power was awarded a contract to supply two SGT-400 gas turbine compression packages for Midcoast Energy, LLC’s CJ Express pipeline expansion project in east Texas. WHC Energy Services, supported by Universal Pegasus International, will be the engineering, procurement and contracting (EPC) provider for the pipeline expansion project.