- Two jack-up rigs were retrofitted with Siemens Energy’s BlueVault™ lithium-ion energy storage system.
- Initial data show that the low-emission upgrades in batteries, data monitoring, and other efficiency measures can deliver reductions in CO2 by up to 25 percent and NOx emissions by up to 95 percent.
Energy signed an agreement with Maersk Drilling to upgrade two ultra-harsh
environment CJ70 jack-up drilling rigs in the North Sea with hybrid power
plants using lithium-ion energy storage. The rigs – the Maersk Intrepid and Maersk
Integrator – were retrofitted with BlueVault™ batteries from Siemens Energy.
They are the first jack-ups to employ a combination of hybrid, low-emission
solutions on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Siemens Energy to supply 21 high-efficiency
compressor trains for expanding Marjan oil and gas field in the Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- The project reinforces commitment to society
and Saudi Aramco’s In-Kingdom Total Value Add (IKTVA) program.
Siemens Energy was selected to
supply new electric motor driven compressors for Saudi Aramco’s Tanajib Plant facilities. The company received the
order from the Spanish engineering and construction company, Técnicas
Reunidas, who was awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC)
contract for the Marjan Onshore Packages 9 and 11 project last year.
- Commissioning of one feed and one sales gas train and one
refrigeration compression train complete for the Pipestone Processing Facility.
- Siemens Energy will provide tailored maintenance services to Keyera
Partnership for the gas turbine installation.
Siemens Energy recently completed the commissioning of one feed and
sales gas train and one refrigeration compression train for the Pipestone
Processing Facility in Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Pipestone Processing
Facility is owned by Keyera Partnership, a subsidiary of Keyera Corp.
- BlueDrive DC Grid technology will help Odfjell Drilling minimize rig
emissions, enabling customers to meet their long-term emission reduction
- BlueDrive DC Grid technology is the first of its kind to be installed on an offshore drilling rig
- BlueDrive DC Grid technology is a transformative approach to energy distribution for drilling
Drilling will retrofit its newest deepwater, semi-submersible drilling rigs in
the North Sea’s Norwegian sector with the Siemens Energy BlueDrive DC-Grid
system. The upgrades will be carried out on Deepsea Atlantic and Deepsea
Nordkapp, with the opportunity to include Deepsea Stavanger, Deepsea
Aberdeen, and Deepsea Yantai at a later stage.
- Electric propulsion drive train and automation technologies will help provide safe, cost-effective, reliable vessel operation
- Emissions-free energy storage systems provide continuous power while maximizing performance
- Innovative technologies will help establish an integrated mobility system for the people, goods, and services in Kochi
India’s first greenfield and largest shipbuilding yard, Cochin Shipyard Ltd., has selected Siemens Energy to provide advanced marine solutions for the country’s first fleet of 23 boats to be equipped with electric propulsion drive trains with energy storage integration (batteries) and vessel automation technologies.
- Siemens Energy will provide innovative high-technology solutions to Novatek with the overall goal of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by using hydrogen and increasing energy efficiency in LNG production
- Strategies to be evaluated
include integrating low-carbon power generation, optimizing LNG production, and
producing blue and green hydrogen
Siemens Energy has partnered with Russia-based
natural gas producer, Novatek, to implement technologies and concepts to reduce
emissions from existing and prospective power plants for LNG facilities and
improve environmental and process efficiencies in LNG liquefaction trains.
- Siemens Energy to gain exclusive access to ProFlex Technologies Pipe-Safe™ leak detection technology
- The solution enables oil, gas, and petrochemical operators to reduce their environmental footprint by minimizing unplanned product releases
Siemens Energy has partnered with
Houston-based ProFlex Technologies to provide spontaneous leak detection
services for pipeline operators. As part of the agreement, Siemens Energy gains
exclusive access to ProFlex Technologies’ digital Pipe-Safe™ advanced leak
detection technology. The technology, combined with Siemens Energy’s Internet
of Things (IoT) system, will enable operators to reduce the environmental risk
associated with operating their infrastructure by minimizing unplanned releases
of product into the ecosystem.
- Solution combines Bentley Systems Inc.’s asset performance software capabilities with Siemens Energy’s oil and gas equipment expertise
- Enhances equipment uptime and reliability while reducing maintenance costs and safety risks
Siemens Energy and Bentley Systems, Inc. (Bentley) have announced a joint solution that delivers intelligent analytics derived from domain experience to reduce operating expenditures associated with oil and gas assets. The new service, known as Asset Performance Management for Oil & Gas, or APM4O&G, incorporates key complementary offerings from both companies to help operators enhance asset performance, eliminate downtime, and reduce maintenance costs.
- The project represents Mozambique’s first onshore LNG development
Siemens Energy gas turbines will help generate low-emission power onsite
CCS JV (a joint venture between Saipem and McDermott) recently selected Siemens Energy to supply emissions-reducing power generation equipment and boil-off gas compressors for the Mozambique LNG Project in the Cabo Delgado province on Africa’s East Coast. The project, led by TOTAL E&P Mozambique Area 1, includes the development of offshore gas fields in Mozambique’s Area 1 and a liquefaction plant with a capacity in excess of 12 million tons per year.
- Acquisition to address rising demand for low-voltage power distribution in India
- Siemens to acquire 99% of C&S Electric Limited
- Transaction strengthens local market presence, enables creation of export hub
- Closing subject to regulatory approvals
In a step to meet the increasing demand for electrification across industry, infrastructure and buildings in India, Siemens Ltd. (India) today signed an agreement to acquire New Delhi-based C&S Electric Limited. The acquisition of one of the leading providers of electrical and electronic equipment for infrastructure, power generation, transmission and distribution, will strengthen Siemens’ position as a key supplier of low-voltage power distribution and electrical installation technology in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies. Under the agreement, Siemens Ltd. will acquire approximately 99 percent of the equity share capital of C&S Electric Limited for around EUR 267 million (INR 21 billion). Closing of the acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals. In the future, Siemens envisions this partnership to pave the way for the establishment of a design and manufacturing hub in India, supporting the export of electrification solutions to fast-developing markets around the world. Siemens Ltd. is the local, publicly-listed entity of Siemens AG.